Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Serious Question

I've been thinking a lot lately.

And also taking a lot of art classes concerning different types of medium. So far, I've diddled in photography, ceramics, intermedia, printmaking, design, and now painting. I could scratch two off that list and be happy working in the remaining. The top three for me, in order, are photography, painting and ceramics.

Relatively, I'm pretty glad I tried nearly all departments and found the ones I could see myself working with in the future. Photography being the top priority, I could use it for several things; commercial, weddings, portraits, journalism, self. I could use Ceramics for well...making my own dishes. With Painting, it's something I already do, but digitally. But now, since I'm taking a traditional painting class with oil medium, I might prefer it over digital. I'll have the practice of mixing colors manually instead of using the "eyedropper" tool in Photoshop to pick colors for me.

I don't even know where I'm going with this post. I just felt I had to get it out. Mainly, I'm thankful that I experimented and found what I want to do with my life. Heyo, go me.

BW

No comments:

Post a Comment